TestDisk is a free and open-source data recovery software that was created with an aim to get back lost partitions and fix non-booting disks. With excellent functionality and powerful recovery features, TestDisk is one of the best data recovery programs in the market.
TestDisk has a lot to offer for both novices and experts. This free data recovery program tries to detect partitions and file entries on its own. But, please note that it will definitely cost you more time in the deeper scan for deleted/damaged partitions.
However, if you are used to an user-friendly interface, TestDisk might not be suitable for you because it’s a command line tool.
– Allows users to recover/rebuild the boot sector
– Fixes or recovers deleted partition table
– Undeletes files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 file systems
– Works on all major Windows versions
– Supports recovery of all popular file versions in video, picture, document, and sound file types